can we talk about how emotionally draining this scene must have been to film though..
"i’m not bitter" i say, bitterly, with a bitter expression
9 words to make you really think.
This. Is. Profound.
This is something everyone should see
- Jed Bartlet: Words when spoken out loud for the sake of performance are music. They have rhythm and pitch and timbre and volume. These are the properties of music and music has the ability to find us and move us and lift us up in ways that literal meaning can't.
- Abbey Bartlet: You are an oratorical snob.
- Jed: Yes, and God loves me for it.
- Abbey: You said he was sending you to hell.
- Jed: For other stuff, not for this.